As a business owner, you have to make sure that your business is represented in the best light possible. This means that your website, social media accounts, and even your logo all need to work together harmoniously. Otherwise, your customers won’t get the message that you’re trying to send them, and they might not stick around long enough to see what that message is!
When you have a great business, with a great message, paired with a well-designed visual identity, you will get noticed by potential customers and keep existing ones coming back again and again.
1. They can help make your company look more professional and help you stand out from your competitors by creating unique branding that sets you apart from everyone else.
2. They will make sure that all of your marketing materials are consistent and well-designed, and that they reflect the image you want to convey to your customers.
3. They can help you build trust with potential customers by demonstrating that you care about quality, consistency, and professionalism.
4. They can help you identify the best way to communicate with your audience and reach them in a way that is meaningful, memorable, and impactful.
5. They can help you translate complex ideas into simple ones.
6. They’ll bring new ideas to the table that you didn’t even know were possible!
7. They will save you time! Designers invest thousands of hours into learning their craft and honing their skills for the very reason of helping businesses thrive.
At the end of the day, Graphic designers aren't only artists, they're strategists too. They've studied how tone of voice in a visual and verbal sense matters, the psychology of how colour and font can affect a message, and the behaviours of consumers that receive that message. This is so that your brand communicates exactly what you need it to communicate, while still being aesthetically pleasing and professional.
As far as price, don’t let that scare you off. Good design will pay for itself many times over and will likely end up costing you less in the long run.
When you hire cheap, you get cheap. Cheap in the design industry usually means amateur results, such as inconsistency in your brand, poorly designed graphics, and mixed messages that can lead your customers to distrust you.
Hiring cheap more often than not, costs more because you will probably have to hire another designer to fix their mistakes. Doesn’t sound very appealing does it?
The simple answer as to why good graphic designers are so expensive is because they’re worth it.
Not only have they invested thousands of hours on their craft, but they also take the time to really understand your business needs by doing extensive market & consumer research so that you get a design that does its job.
Well, don’t be afraid to respectfully negotiate with your designer! Let them know the budget you are able to work with and most will be happy to figure out what’s possible to fit that budget, as long as it doesn’t compromise the quality or integrity of the final product.
Think you’re ready to hire? Take a look at our work to see if you want Studio Seviin to be your next designer!